Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Day 5 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge

I didn't have time to post yesterday's blog challenge, but I'm going to skip it over since the topic was "3 things you would tell your 16-year-old self, if you could". So, moving on to today's blogging challenge!

Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?

  1. Writing: Writing is like my refuge from reality. Whenever I feel upset, confused or disappointed I take out a notebook or a piece of scrap paper to write on. Usually I write a short story or a poem, but sometimes I'll just write random words that I feel I need to write down to help myself feel better. Occasionally I'll do some scribbling. 
  2. Music: Music takes me into a world entirely different from my own, where I have nothing to worry about and I can sing however loudly I'd like to. I also think that a lot of music is music I can relate to, and it feels like somebody else is experiencing the same problems as me, which helps to calm me down and helps me think clearer. 
  3. Family: My family are people I'd trust with anything and they're always there for me. If I ever have problems with anything, the first people I go to are members of my family. They support me through thick and thin and always encourage me to follow my dreams and express myself however I wish. 
  4. Friends: Sometimes my family worries too much , so if I have something I need to talk about but don't want to make my parents worry about me I'll talk to my friends. My two best friends are Trisha and Anvita. They're both amazing, super funny, very thoughtful and extremely caring. I know that they'll always be there for me, and I'll always be there for them too. 
  5. Photography: People always say "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" but for me, I'm not really that tough and I have trouble moving on when things get tough. When this happens, I like to pick up a camera (or an iPhone) and capture life through the perspective of the camera, a perspective that will not change due to emotion. Doing this reminds me that there's more than one way to look at things and that there is always a way to look at something positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment