Thursday 12 December 2013

Day 8 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge

Hello!

I'm ashamed to admit that I've forgotten where I was up to on the blogging challenge. Thankfully the holidays are coming so I'll have a bit of time to get back into my blogging routine again.

Day 8: What are five passions you have?
Writing: 
I love to write in my free time and I use it as a means of therapy. If I'm feeling down, I'll write. If I'm feeling stressed, I'll write. If I need somebody to confide in, I'll write. If I need to release my anger, I'll write. I'll write anytime, any day.
Ever since I wrote my first story at the age of five, I've been wanting to make a career out of writing. Call me weird but it sounds fun to just lie in bed all day and write.

Drawing: 
When I talk about our classes at school with Anvita and Trisha the classes that come up most are art and drama. Drama because Trisha is a drama lover and can't wait to rotate over and because Anvita wants to get art over with.
And art because I love art a lot. I love to draw, glue, get covered in paint and make a huge mess overall. I have no idea how many notebooks I've filled with doodles instead of notes (oops). Honestly, if I couldn't make a career out of writing or journalism, I'd want to be an artist.

Photography:
Although I admit I haven't done much photography recently, I used to just take my camera and take photos. I would snap shots of my shoes, of my friend's shoes, of a brick wall, of a car, of the sky, of anything you could name. One week I'd be obsessed over taking the perfect dreamy looking shot, the next I'd be focusing on capturing the grungier aspects of life.

Singing:
I have a confession to make. I sing all the time, especially when I'm doing chores. I don't know why, but it just makes me feel like Snow White and makes me go all gushy.
But in all seriousness, I do love singing a lot. I like to sing when I think nobody can hear me, so I'm alone and nobody can make fun of my terrible singing voice. Let me tell you one thing that I have learnt from experience though: there is no worse thing than finding out somebody has been listening to you sing the whole time you thought you were alone.

[Insert passion here]
I couldn't think of a fifth passion to put down. I racked my brain, thought the hardest I could but I still couldn't think of one.
But that's okay. After all, I'm still *relatively* young and I have a bit more time to decide who I am, what I want to do and where I want to go. So for now, I'm going to take a bit more time to decide: what am I passionate about?

Thanks for reading! I know I've not been very diligent or consistent with my posts, but school has been very busy. Thankfully the December holidays, my birthday and Christmas are coming up soon, so I'll have a bit more time to post.

One more thing: please feel free to leave a comment below about what you are passionate about and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment