Saturday 8 March 2014

Why I'm not sorry for neglecting the blogging challenge

So. This blogging challenge. I haven't done it for a few days, and I'm absolutely not sorry at all for neglecting it.
Why? Because, truth be told, I have better things to do. *audience gasps in shock and horror*

So far I've been working on stressing over my maths test, falling off of my chair when I see my math grade, finishing Spanish, tearing my hair out over the fact I took too many stickies while reading The Book Thief, frantically drinking water while working on my lab report and trying not to trip on my own feet while running laps in PE.

So, I've had a bit of time to mull over this blog challenge (Yes I managed to give myself time to think - what do you think I do in bed, sleep?). I was pretty close to giving up but I've decided to keep on going - I'm so close to the finish line it would be ridiculous if I decided to quit. The last time I posted a challenge post was on Wednesday and now I have a bit of time, I think I'll write out a post. So, here it is. Correction, here they are. Days 26, 27 and 28 of the 30 day blogging challenge. 2 more days to go.

Day 26: What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?
There are so many popular notions that I find absolutely disgusting. So I'm going to give you the privilege of hearing me rant.

  1. How women should look. I am so sick and tired of people thinking that all women must look like hourglasses, with curvy hips and no body hair (we do grow hair in places other than our heads). Not to mention white teeth that look like they belong in a toothpaste commercial, hair that belongs in shampoo commercials and bodies that belong in plastic boxes labelled "Barbie". We don't have to be size 0s to be beautiful, and I think it's high time that society accepts that. For more rants on this issue, click here, here, here or here. Knock yourself out, enjoy the rants.
  2. By earning enough money to support yourself and buy things, you are making yourself happy. Material wealth does NOT equal happiness. Money cannot buy happiness. Sure, you've got yourself a nice new iPhone, a huge house, a car (preferably something shiny that you would find in a car magazine and preferably something that normal, ordinary people wouldn't buy since it's so impractical), a cleaning team of 4 maids to keep your house spotless and shiny things to fill your house. But, what happens when you die? Death does come knocking on everybody's door, no matter how rich or poor they are (or how shiny and big their house is). What will you leave behind - other than your stacks of money? Sure - maybe you'll get a rush of superficial happiness when you buy something new. But there is a saying from Songhai - "He who has more rags has more lice". Basically, the more things you own the more problems you have. 
  3. Finding "the one". One of the things that I think portrays the most unhealthy image of love is Disney. Princess meets Prince, they fall in love, get married, live happily ever after. What - no first date, no getting to know each other, no taking things step by step? Wow. So now little girls are growing up into teenagers who expect to experience love at first sight - and then they get crushed when they realise that love at first sight doesn't exist. Fortunately, the days of "old" Disney are over and now films like Frozen are teaching young girls that sometimes, it just doesn't make sense to marry someone you just met. 
It's about time, Disney.

Day 27: What is your favourite part of your body and why?
On a superficial level, I quite like my hair because it doesn't get tangled while I sleep, which saves some hair-combing time in the morning. But it's a bit thin and goes limp after a while so I have to keep re-tying it otherwise my ponytail droops like the ears on a sad puppy. Well, there are pros and cons to everything.
However on a deeper level, I like my brain and my heart. Why? My brain is the cool, rational side of me that helps me do well in school and make logical decisions. It also keeps my body running, so that's a huge plus. If I had to draw my brain as a person, I would draw it with glasses (like me!). My heart is the other side of me that listens to what people say and cares about what people think about me. If I had to draw my heart as a person, it would probably be a girl experiencing major mood swings - happy and carefree one moment, then emotional and in tears, then supportive and strong. Haha.

Day 28: What is your love language?
Note: I cheated on this question and took a couple of quizzes. After that I found that my love language appears to be Words of Affirmation. And what does that mean, exactly? It means that I need to feel appreciated. Compliments, encouragement, words of appreciation and kind/humble words are all ways to show love to me.
Ehem.

No comments:

Post a Comment